Today was our travel day and boy was it crazy! We all woke up around 5:00 am to get to Dulles airport in time to check in and get through security in a timely manner. Sadly that was just not in the cards for us. Ken had trouble checking in and it took United almost 45 min to fix their screw up. Then they wanted to open the bag Joan was in which took even more time. Once it became clear that we were going to have to book it to the plane Valerie, Rob and I decided to go ahead and see if we could steal the plane. To cut a long story short Meg and Ken almost did not make it into the plane! Thankfully they made it in the knick of time and we all made it to San Juan.
So if that was the most stressful past of our day here was the coolest! The flight from San Juan to St. Thomas is all of 30 minutes which means we are on a teeny puddle jumper and guess what I got to sit?!? In the copilot seat!!!! I could see everything! I had a blast watching the scenery and the dials and the nerd in me can tell you we went around 175 mps and the plane was only on autopilot for about 5 minutes. It is very weird to see a steering wheel moving on its own! I will remember that flight for a long time!
Once we landed we got all our bags and picked up the rental jeep and cruised around the island before checking in to our condos. Dinner was also amazing! We went to the Sandbag Grille and had a 5 star meal while listening to the ocean and watching a cruise ship leave port. I had the conch salad and the swordfish with asparagus and polenta. It was one of the bar meals of my life! Now of to bed to get some rest for tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment