Today started bright and early. We had to pack up to leave Sapphire Bay because we were headed to St. John on a ferry! We went for one last walk on the beach then checked out. Our first order of business was to pick up the second Jeep from the rental company. I have to say that not only are these roads difficult because they drive on the left side of the road thanks to the Dutch but the road are also extremely narrow AND curvy so these two Jeeps are very very beat the hell up! Our big Wrangler has a wheel cover coming off and a seat belt doesn't work and the small Wrangler has a soft top that is completely falling apart. When you drive it flaps in the wind lol.
After getting the other Jeep we went to eat at The Hook Line and Sinker in Frenchtown. I had another Mahi Mahi sandwich which wasn't quite as good as the Green House but it was still tasty. we then separated and Meg and Ken went to pick Carolynn up from the airport and Rob, Val and I went to the grocery store to get supplies for the next week in St. John. After we finished shopping we headed to the ferry. The entire time I've been here I was hoping to get the ferry called The Roanoke because that's where I grew up and guess what?!? That was the ferry that we caught! I was pretty darn excited! It's a slow ferry but it has Palm trees and a sign that says"tug life" on it so what's not to love!
once we arrived on the St. John we met with the rental company to get the keys to the villa. She also lead us to the house. Man that was a crazy drive. St. John is very much like a rainforest on one side and like a desert on the other. We drove through the rainforest side. The smell was fantastic! Our villa is on the top of a mountain and is named Estate Fortsburg. It is high class! The villa itself is made of poured concrete but inside all the rooms they are framed by mahogany wood. The great room has a full kitchen and dining area and a sitting area with a tv we will never touch because we are having to much fun outside! The outside has 2 large balconies the top one has a pool and a hot tub. The bottom one has a long ping table and more sitting areas. Meg and I are staying in the kids room with two twin beds. the rest of the bedrooms have kings. All have their own bathrooms and get this the showers are outdoors! It's really cool! There is a high wall so no one can see you but you are definitely outside. I guess that's one plus to having no winter!
Once Meg, Ken and Carolynn got to the villa we went for a swim in the pool and got tub. We then got cleaned up to go to Miss Lucy's for their full moon party. We had drinks and pulled pork with sweet mashed potatoes, rice and plantains. it was amazing pulled pork! Very well cooked though I did share my pork and some sweet potatoes with a start cat there. She was a cutie and made me miss Dora :( so she got lots of scraps. During dinner we were disturbed by a very stand man. He wanted us to pay two dollars to crab race. Yes you read that one right! Hermit crab races! We were definitely not drunk enough for that lol! After dinner we headed home and took some pretty pictures of the moon from the villa then went to bed. We had a long day on Sunday so we didn't stay up to late.
No comments:
Post a Comment